No Pasta Italian Wedding Soup
This isn't an exact science. You can adapt the amounts of veggies or meatballs to your liking! I usually use pasta, but tried beans this time for added protein. I used turkey to make it healthier.
Author: The Frugal Fairy
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 large Carrots
- 3 stalks of Celery
- 1 med/lg Onion
- 2-4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 box of Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 tsp of olive oil (optional)
- 6-8 Cups of Water (depending on how "watery" you like your soup)
- Powdered Bouillon - follow directions depending on the amount of water you use (you can also use cubes or broth instead)
- 1 can of Cannellini beans, drained
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Meatball Mixture:
- 1½ lbs of Ground Turkey
- ¾ C Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼-1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- Thaw spinach
- Rough chop carrots, celery, onion and garlic and saute in a pan with oil on low for about 8-10 min. (If you have a non-stick, you can omit the oil if you'd like)
- Put the water and bouillon in a large pot and put it on med heat.
- Mix your meatball ingredients in a bowl. Start making mini-meatballs the size is totally up to you. I made mine about the size of a large gumball.
- Put the veggies into the water. Drop the meatballs in. Cook for about 15-20 minutes and then add the beans and spinach. (Turn the heat up a little bit if necessary) Cook for another 10-15 minutes. The meatballs with cook in the broth...the bigger the balls, the longer it will take. Let cool a bit, Pour into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.