There are a few ways to inexpensively freshen your home by just using the things you have on hand. Cinnamon is a great way to frugally scent your home. Use it instead of cans of air freshener or potpourri. Whether you have cinnamon in powder, stick, or essential oil form, here are a few ideas to get your house smelling spicy and sweet and save money at the same time. Here are 8 ways to freshen your home with Cinnamon.
- Apply a drop of cinnamon oil to a Light bulb that is cool. When the light is turned on, the heat will diffuse the oil to add a nice aroma to your room.
- Before you burn a non-scented candle, drip a drop or two of cinnamon oil on it for a fragrant treat.
- Make a sachet with a light weight piece of fabric or cheese cloth. Add cinnamon sticks with other spices like clove and peppercorns and wrap up and tie with a string. You can put these in drawers or in the corner of a room.
- Simmer a pot of water on the stove with cinnamon sticks. Add orange peels for an added aroma.
- Fill a clean and empty plastic bottle with 1 cup of water. Add 2-3 tablespoons of non-flavored vodka and 15-25 drops of cinnamon oil. Shake well and spray in the air away from your face.
- Add a few tablespoons of powdered cinnamon to a small bowl and place on a table or dresser to add a nice light fragrance.
- Adding cotton balls with a few drops of cinnamon oil. Not only will it keep your drawers and closets smelling fresh, but it will keep moths away, too!
- Fill a decorative bowl or jar with rice and add a few drops of the oil. This is a cute way to decorate as well as add a pleasant aroma to any room.
While you’re here, check out how to use cinnamon to plump up your lips! Gotta love frugal beauty!