This DIY Patriotic wreath craft is both frugal and fun!
This flower patriotic wreath the perfect DIY craft project to decorate your door for 4th of July. And best of all, it costs under $5 to make with items from the dollar store!
I got my items from Dollar Tree. You can probably find the same exact items at your local store. Dollar Store decorating is a great way to inexpensively decorate for any holiday. Do-it-yourself and save!
Items you will need:
- foam craft wreath
- fake patriotic roses
- red white and blue leis (comes in a 3 pack)
- foam USA sign (comes in a 3 pack, says “foam wands”)
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- string to hang the completed wreath
How to make:
- Take apart the leis – I ended up using flowers from about 1 1/2 leis
- Using your hot glue gun, attach lei flowers in varying patterns of red, white, and blue around the wreath. *It may melt the foam wreath a little. BE VERY CAREFUL.* You don’t have to put them on the back of the wreath, as you won’t see them when it’s hung up.
- Take the roses off of the stems and glue them on over the lei flowers about 1-2 inches apart with the glue gun.
- Take the USA sign off of the stick and use glue gun to attach to the bottom part of the wreath.
- Take off the strings that were attached to the USA sign and glue to the back of the USA sign.
- Tie a string around the top to hang.