Delicious with just the right amount of sweetness, these Blueberry Hand Pies are the perfect mini dessert for Fall and Winter. These would also make a nice sweet breakfast treat.
Blueberry Hand Pies
Author: The Frugal Fairy
- Refrigerated pre-made pie crust, 2 sheets
- 1pt blueberries, washed and dried
- 2tsp of Sugar
- Zest of ½ of a lemon
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut circles out of pie crust using a circular cookie cutter or the ring of a mason jar. The size you use will determine the amount of pies you end up with. Just make sure you make an even numbers of circles, so you have one for the top and one for the bottom.
- Mix blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and corn starch in a bowl.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Scoop blueberry mixture in the center one of the pie crust circles and top with another. Using a fork, pinch the edges to seal. Prick the top with the fork to allow steam to release. Place a few inches apart onto baking sheet. Brush egg mixture over the top of the pies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crust has browned. Time may need to be adjusted to suit the size of the cutter you used. Most likely some juice will run out of pies during baking.
- Optional Glaze to drizzle on pies:
- Glaze: ½ C. powdered sugar drizzled with milk to desired consistency