This dairy-free coffee creamer is made with just 3 ingredients, and one of those ingredients is water!
Whether you are trying to avoid dairy, are vegan, or are following a special diet like Paleo, this coffee creamer is the bees knees.
I love my coffee, but I can’t drink it black. I need cream and sugar or refrigerated flavored coffee creamer. I need to reduce my sugar intake, but I don’t want all the chemicals that are found in these type of store-bought sugar-free refrigerated coffee creamer. I would rather get any sugar I do consume from a more natural source. The sugar in this dairy-free coffee creamer comes from Medjool Dates.
- 8oz pkg of Medjool Dates (about 17 Dates)
- 1 C. Hot water
- 1 13oz can Coconut Milk
- Take the pits out of the dates and add to a cup of hot water. Let sit for 5 minutes
- Using a food processor or blender, put in the dates and water. While it's blending add the thick top of the coconut milk and let it blend. Pour in the remaining coconut liquid in the can.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes. Unless you have a really good blender, you'll probably end up with little flecks of dates in your creamer. (Which I don't mind)
- It will thicken as it stands. Will thicken more when refrigerated.
- Store in refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to a week.
This is a very versatile homemade coffee creamer. You can use it as-is or add other ingredients to make variations.
Here are some ideas:
Hazelnut: Add Hazelnut extract
Pumpkin Pie: Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
Almond Mocha: Add cocoa powder and almond extract
What ingredients would you add to this coffee creamer? I’d love to hear your ideas. Leave a comment below.