The skin on this roasted chicken thighs recipe is so crispy! The chicken thighs are roasted on top of a layer of potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic cloves. This method is what crisps up the skin so nicely. The smell coming from the oven was delicious!
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 carrots, roughly chopped
- 8-10 small-medium potatoes (quartered if small, cut in half then thirds if medium)
- 4-6 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves, cut in half
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- ¼ C. olive oil
- ¼ C, lite soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- (plus salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- spray a baking pan with rim with non-stick spray.
- Put the chopped potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and garlic cloves in a large bowl and pour the marinade ingredients on top. Mix until well combined and set to the side.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides of the chicken thighs.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the veggies in a single layer to a baking pan with rim. Reserve the liquid. (The slotted spoon with drain excess liquid, as you don't want all of the liquid in the baking pan)
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables, skin side up.
- Using the remaining liquid from the veggies, brush over the top of the chicken thighs. You will probably have some left over which you can discard.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until chicken's internal temp is 160°F and the veggies are soft. (Halfway through, I turned the pan.)
We usually keep chicken thighs in the freezer because they are inexpensive. Whenever the budget gets tight or there’s no time to go grocery shopping, chicken thighs are the perfect choice for dinner. They’re very versatile. This is a great throw-together, stick it in the oven and go finish what you need to do for an hour, recipe.
If you need a baking pan check out this one from Amazon.
What is your favorite roasted chicken recipe? Do you like legs, thighs, breast? Share your tips and tricks below!