If you are craving a light energy-boosting breakfast, this Avocado & Tomato Breakfast Toast is just what you are looking for. This is a healthy and quick breakfast or any-time snack!
If you’re like me, running around in the morning getting the kids ready for school or getting ready for work may leave you with little time to make a healthy breakfast.
I am trying to reduce the carbs I eat. I’ve found that eating carbs in the morning is better for me rather than eating them later in the day. It gives me the energy I need and I will be moving throughout the day, rather than eating carbs at night and having them “sit”. (If that makes sense.)
Use whole wheat or multigrain bread rather than white bread. If you’re gluten-free, go with your favorite gluten-free bread. There are so many variations with. What’s great about breakfast toast is that you can add your favorite herbs, spices or other veggies to make it your own breakfast toast.
- 2 slices of whole wheat or multigrain bread, toasted
- 4 leaves of cilantro
- 4 slices of tomato
- ½ avocado, mashed
- garlic powder
- Mash the avocado
- Tear the cilantro into little pieces and add to mashed avocado
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Spread on toast half of the mixture on each slice of toast
- Top each slice with tomato two tomato slices