I’m trying to reduce the amount of carbs I eat. It’s hard! I grew up on pasta and bread at basically every meal. While searching for the perfect carb-swap lunch, I looked in the fridge and saw Romaine lettuce. Ah, there it is! So, I swapped tortillas for Romaine leaves.
These lettuce wraps are so simple and versatile. You can make this vegetarian meal vegan by omitting the cheese or add some beef or chicken for you meat eaters. Take out what you don’t like or add your favorites! Check out the recipe below.
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ of 1 ripened Avocado, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. dried cranberries
- Wash and dry 2 large Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Divide all ingredients equally between the two leaves.
- Wrap like a taco, or roll up and enjoy!
I’d love to hear what you would add or take away from these lettuce wraps to make them your own. Leave a comment below and let me know!