I had a bag of mini croissants and I had an idea to bake it with eggs and make a breakfast casserole. This is what I came up with.
It would be a great Easter breakfast recipe. It’s also a great addition to any brunch.
I put together my first little video. Hope you like it. It’s just pics and music. I’m going to be trying to make live short videos soon.
- 6 eggs
- 1½ c. whole milk
- mini croissants (I used 12 Bimbo brand croissants)
- ¾ pkg bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 C. Cheddar Jack cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish. (mine is about 9x11")
- Add croissants and push down a little bit. (They will float)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (Check at 20 minutes if eggs are cooked all the way through.
- While it's baking, cook the bacon, drain, and crumble.
- When it comes out of the oven, immediately add cheese and bacon.
You have to let it sit for a few minutes to set a little. This breakfast casserole is just as good cold as it is hot.
Next time I want to make a vegetarian version of this breakfast casserole and use mushrooms and asparagus. What toppings/additions would you use to make it yours? Leave a comment below!