It’s time for getting together and eating outside! And that means…potato salad! I love my potato salad with crunchy celery but wanted to try one without any crunch, so I made this creamy potato salad. I added the egg for a delicious creamy texture.
Are you heading to a barbecue and need to bring something? You can’t go wrong with this potato salad. It’s the perfect side dish for your picnic or barbecue! You don’t have to worry about the stove being on for a long time and heating up your house. The potatoes are cut small so they take about less than 15 minutes on the stove.
After you take the potatoes off the stove and drain the water, rinse with cold water until the heat goes away, but still warm. I like adding the ingredients together while the potatoes are just a little warm because I feel like all the ingredients come together and the potatoes soak up the flavors better. Who knows if this is true. But, If you are pressed for time then rinse until cool or put into a bowl of cold water then drain.
I never really liked eggs in my potato salad. In fact, I don’t like hard-boiled eggs at all. My fiance likes eggs in his potato salad, so I have eaten it for years now and have become a fan. Because the potatoes are cut smaller than I normally cut them, they stay chunky, but have fall apart a bit when mixing. This is perfect because it keeps a nice bite and when mixed with the wet ingredients and eggs, this potato salad becomes a creamy bowl of deliciousness! Check out the recipe below.
- 7-8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- "POTATO SALAD MIXTURE" :
- 1 C. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. spicy mustard
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Remove skin from potatoes and chop into small pieces.
- Place into a pot and cover with water about 1 inch above potatoes.
- Boil for 12 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Strain potatoes and run cold water over until warm and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chopped eggs.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the potato salad mixture in a medium bowl. Add all ingredients and combine well.
- Pour mixture over warm potatoes add chopped egg and combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour. Serve cold.
How do you like a creamy potato salad? Or do you prefer chunky with crunchy veggies? Leave a comment below and let me hear how you like yours!