Fried Tortilla Strips
- Flour tortillas (I used whole wheat) You can use any size.
- Canola Oil for frying
- Salt, to taste
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a pan on a medium/high flame. (I used a small pan and did in batches of 3-4.)
- First, cut tortillas in half, then into approx. 1 inch strips. Make cutting faster by stacking the tortillas on top of one another.
- Next, add a few at a time to the heated oil. When you see the edges starting to brown, flip over. Depending on the temperature, this will usually take about 15-30 seconds on each side.
- Drain tortillas on paper towels or paper bag and season with salt.
Make sure to check out this Layered Bean Dip recipe to dip your strips in.