Can’t wait for fall! I love the cool, crisp air, wearing sweaters and pumpkin everything! To get into the spirit, I made a cute little craft. It’s a sunflower wooden spoon craft. Fall Dollar Store Decor, yall! It’s inexpensive and so easy to make. If you don’t find the exact items at your local store, you can change it up. That’s what is so great about these. Change the paint color, ribbon, or the type of flower to make it your own.
It can be used to hang up on a wall or even the door in place of a wreath. And, to make it frugal, items are from the dollar store!
What you’ll need:
- Wooden Spoon*
- Acrylic Paint (brown and green)
- Paint Brush
- Faux Sunflower* (took it off of a bunch)
- 1 orange metallic ribbon*
- 1 green metallic ribbon*
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
Items marked with a * were things I got from The Dollar Tree
- Paint the handle of the spoon brown. Let Dry.
- Paint the remaining base of the spoon green. Let Dry.
- Using a hot glue gun, carefully add drop glue to the back of the spoon where the green and brown paint meet.
- Carefully add green ribbon and wrap around about 5 times. Cut the ribbon and secure in the back again with a drop of glue.
- Do the same thing alternating orange and green up the handle leaving a little space in between.
- Once you have reached the top, add a piece of ribbon to the hole to your desired length.
- Glue the sunflower to the base of the spoon.
- Hang up and enjoy!