Sign up for the Everyday Diabetic Recipes eNewsletter and receive “Healthy Diabetic Cooking: 21 Diabetic Recipes for Healthy Eating” free. Click Here
I was in the mood for something sweet. So I figured I’d make cupcakes! But what kind…hmmm…how about something with lime?! YES! So here’s what I made:
These were a bit on the sweet side. Here’s a tip…I used flaked coconut, not sweetened coconut. The frosting had a great lime flavor.
- Box of white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ c canola oil
- 1 can of pineapple chunks drained, juice reserved
- 2tsp lime zest
- chocolate chips, melted to drizzle on pineapple chunks
- I frosted with Cream Cheese Lime Frosting
- and topped with chocolate drizzled pineapple chunks and flaked coconut (colored green)
- Drain pineapple juice from pineapple chunks.
- Put pineapple chunks on a kitchen towel to take as much moisture out as possible
- I followed the directions on the boxed cake mix. It calls for 1 and ¼ cups of water. I substituted 1 cup of water with 1 cup of pineapple juice (drained the can of pineapple chunks). I also added in 2 tsp lime zest at the end. Bake according to directions on box.
- Put pineapple chunks on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and drizzle melted chocolate on top. Put in the refrigerator to set.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with coconut and pineapples.
- 8oz pkg of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp lime zest
- 2-4 tbs lime juice
- beat together cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add lime zest
- Add powdered sugar and 1 tbs lime juice. Add more juice a few drops at a time until you’ve reached the desired consistancy
I wanted something sweet and citrusy, so I came up with this frosting. I used it to frost these Pineapple Lime Cupcakes and topped them with chocolate drizzled pineapples.
Are you the next big cooking show host? No, maybe just have recipes that everyone loves? Share your recipes for chances to win cash and prizes with Mom’s Recipes!
Mom’s Recipes is the best place on the web for Moms like you to share their favorite recipes and compete for cash and prizes. Whether you’re a casual cook or the next Rachael Ray, Mom’s Recipes is for you.
Upload your tried-and-true recipes to your own online Cookbook to share with your online social network. Or enter your best recipe in one of our recipe Contests to win great prizes like gift cards and nifty kitchen gadgets. Or just browse for a tasty new meal idea. How do you get started? Easy!
This is a super easy delicious parfait that kids love! This can be made as a quick and healthy breakfast, snack, or even dessert. It’s a great snack that little kids can help make.
- Sliced Strawberries
- Cereal (we used Shoprite Honey Nut O’s)
- Yogurt (we used low fat Vanilla)
- Honey (optional)
- Layer ingredients into a mason jar, sundae glass, or any cute cup. I just drizzled the strawberries and the top with a little honey. Enjoy!
Pin the pictures on Pinterest by hovering your mouse over the picture and clicking on “pin it”!
Ever in the mood for a”citrusy” dessert? I was last night. I used a box of lemon cake mix to make mini cupcakes and frosted them with lemon cream cheese frosting and topped them with candied lemons. SO GOOD!!!
I used a Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting I found on All Recipes.
How to make the candied lemons:
- 1C Sugar
- 1C Water
- 2 Lemons
- Mix water and sugar in a medium-sized pot on the stove over medium heat. Since I was garnishing mini-cupcakes, I sliced the lemons into fourths and then very thinly sliced them, leaving off the ends.
- Place into water/sugar and cook for about 20 minutes. By this point they have become translucent. I used a fork to pull them out and let them sit on a paper towel for a few seconds to remove excess syrup, then put them on a plate to cool further.
- You can save the lemon simple syrup for tea, recipes and more…it’s yummy!
- 1 container of refrigerated Pillsbury Recipe Creations seamless dough sheet
- Garlic Powder
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese (about 5 Slices)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out dough
- Sprinkle Garlic Powder in a layer, add salt and pepper to taste
- Place Mozzarella on the dough, not overlapping, breaking pieces as needed to fit
- Roll up dough (like a jelly roll, from one side to the other)
- Slice into ½ – ¾ inch pieces
- Place onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until it turns golden brown
These cute little pinwheels are a fast and easy way to add to a meal.
Sign up and receive Free AllFreeCasseroleRecipes eBook.